The image contained on the Kosakoski L.C. front page is our take on the old Vancouver Courthouse, which first opened its doors on October 10, 1911. The Courthouse, which was then described as "the finest of its kind in Canada," took up a full square block in downtown Vancouver, bordering Georgia, Hornby, Howe, and Robson Streets.
The original photograph on which our alteration is based is thought to have been taken sometime between 1915 and 1925. The photograph and its accompanying information are presented courtesy of the dedicated archivists at the City of Vancouver Archives and can be found under CVA file # 1376-131.